"carriercomp". . .
There are thirteen underscored items from the above 922(r) list, which are applicable to a fixed stock standard Benelli M4 (as imported)
These 5 new offerings when legally installed, will allow for BOTH of the following to be present without 922(r) infringement;
· SAFETY Glasses are a must !!!
· Heat gun.(Refrain from using flame devices, torches, etc., they are overkill and have the potential of discoloring the finish and damaging the receiver)
· Snap ring pliers
· Stiff nylon or brass bristled tooth-brush.
· Rubber grip pad. (Similar to a jar lid gripper, or even a piece of tire inner tube)
· Padded vise. (not required but helpful if done alone without an assistant)
Ensure the firearm is completely unloaded, (clearing magazine
tube and chamber). FIREARM ON SAFE.
1. Safely remove and set aside the barrel, magazine-cap, bolt group and handguards.
2. Using snap ring pliers set to compress when gripped, carefully remove the spring retainer from the forward end of the factory mag tube, with your free hand OVER that cap so that the spring and cap may be safely contained when they are "set free". Put them aside. Next tilt the gun downwards, allowing the follower to fall out.
3. Place gun in a lightly clamped padded vise, between your knees, or in the hands of a competent adult assistant. Using the heat gun set to a maximum 400 F, apply direct heat to the full circumference of the receiver where it meets the stock tube, rotating the heat around the junction until the two are beyond unbearable to touch (using an infra-red thermometer if available, you will typically see results when the receiver temp nears 250F), favor application of heat to the receiver, as it retains heat more efficiently. At that temp (around 250F) you should be able to begin twisting the factory tube off [ccw](here's where the rubber grip pad provides much better grip than bare hands). Do not use a pipe wrench for a few reasons, 1st it will damage your factory tube, but foremost it will provide excessive torque that may allow you to force removal before the loc-tite is ready to let go. Once it starts to turn, the battle is won, just keep it turning until it is free.
4. Next clean the internal threads with the nylon or brass tooth brush. It will look scary at 1st since the residue from the factory loc-tite is chalky white, but once you have it all cleaned off, you should be looking at the pristine black anodized receiver threads where the old tube use to be.
5. You are now ready to install your replacement tube.
PLEASE NOTE: The large “flared end” goes towards the receiver and captures the stamped steel handguard retainer.
6. Most people opt to omit the use of loc-tite, simply torqing in their new tube as tight as can be done by hand. If you use loc-tite, make sure you check the data sheet, and select a grade that can be heated for removal with LOW HEAT like the factory used. Typically just a drop of medium strength Loc-Tite brand "blue" will be sufficient if you use any at all.
7. Replace all the remaining components, testing for normal, safe operation.
The cylindrical aluminum piece packaged with your new follower is a complimentary tool whose funneled end is designed to compress the fingers (hidden end) of the factory follower’s red plastic face, enabling you to REMOVE that red “Hi-Viz” indicator. You are encouraged to add that red plastic piece to your new follower. This “Hi-Viz” indicator serves as a beneficial safety feature by design.
Restricted States Orders;
Attention NY-NJ-MA-CT buyers:
Immediately following your order, be prepared to furnish an email providing photo-copied proof of eligibility to purchase and receive the 7-rd magazine tube in your state. Carriercomp will NOT reply to inquiries as to what constitutes proper documentation, as this could be interpreted as legal advice. If you are eligible to receive the item under consideration, you will know what pertinent data needs to be remitted per your state's requirements.
Orders which are prepared in a satisfactory manner will receive an acknowlegment as being valid and intact. Any order failing to be accompanied by proper documentation referencing the order #/specifics, will be cancelled with a brief courtesy explanation to follow.
This is "carriercomp's" attempt to honor all legitimate orders which do not infringe upon state laws within the buyers product destination.
Thank you for your understanding this essential operating procedure